Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Finished" is the most beautiful word in the human language.

I've been so busy it's almost too much. I say almost because in all honesty I would much rather be busy than not. One of my biggest pet peeves (and there are quite a few, let me tell you) is when people are bored and/or say they are bored. There is no excuse for boredom! Go do something! Sitting and whining is not going to fulfill you or improve your current situation. Everyone has the potential to be creative and everyone can carve out satisfaction for themselves if they try hard enough. It's not as easy as complaining, but as I realized yet again today while getting exceedingly angry at my sewing machine and my elementary skills at using it, nothing worthwhile is easy. You know it's sad but true. 

Don't be comfortable. 

Don't stop striving for perfection. 

But give yourself a break if you aren't quite there yet. 


In light of that, let us now share recently completed projects:



"Nostalgia for Nothing" jacket. Polyester lining, bamboo batting, poly fiber stuffing, polyester white mesh & black organza. 

Getting shipped to Planet Hair in Witchita, KS for their annual hair show/fundraiser.




Black semi-stretch weave with silver vinyl cut-out detailing hat-lette. I love the shape of this one, will definitely have to experiment with it some more. 

This and the matching dress were a request by Mosh for her upcoming red carpet & shoot with Lithium Picnic




Silver & fushia latex w/ silver netting hat-lette. Matches a super secret design & pasties, available soon! 

Going to Mosh to shoot with Viva Van Story




Rubber & knit drip dress. Done a long while ago, finally finished the last bits.

Going to Mosh to shoot with Lithium Picnic.




Raw edged cream silk & blue velvet dress with muslin mis-prints by my good friend Danielle Lange. The velvet part is actually an old jacket from Jet Rag thrift in LA that I chopped up. DIYwin!




I also do modifications of pre-existing latex. I did the bow & line detailing on these gloves as per Anna Evans's request to match a design I made for her. 




Black velvet & plastic mesh dress. 

Getting shipped to Planet Hair in Witchita, KS for their annual hair show/fundraiser.




Orange fun fur top. There's something to be said for ugly. 

Getting shipped to Planet Hair in Witchita, KS for their annual hair show/fundraiser.




And a little peak at two upcoming projects, which will be done by the weekend:



Shite-ton of latex bows. (Next to my favorite leopard spotted grandma coat.)

For "The Welcome Home Party" on Saturday at a friend's studio. 




Yellow tracks collar. Was a super ugly thrifted foam hat until I got my grubby paws on it. 

Getting shipped to Planet Hair in Witchita, KS for their annual hair show/fundraiser.


That is all.

Share.

Discuss.