Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cone Boobs & Cut-Outs

Introducing my new mini-collection: RETROSITY!
Featuring deliciously sinful latex goodies with sock/thigh garter details, cone boobs & cut-outs, this has been a long time in the making. I’ve struggled with almost every one of the 6 pieces, and damn it feels good to be done. There is still some tweaking to be done, but they are pretty solid.
Photographed beautifully by Corwin (of course) even though he greatly dislikes doing lookbook/commerical-esque stuff, and strutted by Mosh (of course):





BUY IT HERE! Etsy
I will be honest, the shoot day was exceedingly stressful. I am already a naturally high-strung, type-A person when it comes to my work, and delays and disinertia freak me out. Thankfully everything got shot and in the end I had no complaints, but I can safely say that I am glad I won’t need to do anything like it anytime soon.
So what’s next? Well I plan on pimping this out SO HARD. I’ve started to contact magazines about potential features/covers and yes, even some advertising. I think the time has come, now that I have a pattern base that I can easily pull from and alter, that I need to do a fashion & fetish “VauntD blizkreig.” Has a nice ring to it, eh?
If you have thoughts as to what online blogs and physical indie fashion mags I should contact, let me know.


Other than the blood, sweat & tears I expelled this past month on the above, I made plans to change tactics and work with a performance group called The BAAD (Bicycle Awesome Adventure Dance) Collective:


This and the title pretty much sums it up.
I’ve done one dance piece before but this will be a whole new ball game for me. I’m traveling to Alfred, NY for the next week to work one-on-one with the dancers and make custom pieces for them. I bought some insanely bright and patterned stretch spandex and it is going to be so fun. Not a money making thing, but I’m excited to dive in and collaborate with artists again. I don’t know if I’ll be able to blog while I’m gone, but rest assured I will have some crazy stories when I return.


Random link of the day: http://phrontistery.info/fabric.html
One of the most helpful sites I've ever come across.


And lastly, some personal visual inspiration:



I found both of these on deviantArt, by a photographer named Arthur Sysoev. The are mind-blowing amazing. The wardrobe definitely makes the shots, although the beautiful faces don’t hurt, and I for one know that I must make something similar to that huge green cotton organdy headpiece. Simple but exaggerated shapes are the way to my heart.



Manicorn.
I don’t know if you really need to know anything else.
Except for, of course, that I am going to have to make a huge rhinestone ball gag as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Kitty Morris said...

I love the collection so much!
Some magazine suggestions, Alt Fashion Magazine, Alt Noir Magazine and Sublime Rush Magazine

I could probably have a word with both Alt Fashion and Sublime Rush for you as I have links with both?

Sully said...

Congratulations on RETROSITY, and on making it through the shoot.
And best of luck with the marketing!

Mohammad Salauddin said...

I am just loving your work very much. thanks for sharing with us.
Guipure Lace